Floyd vs. Beatles What Say You? » Hello

• Keith
    Keith Toronto
    Here's a message to you. How you doing? Like to hear from you. Keith

Here's a message to you. How you doing? Like to hear from you.

Keith

• Jaramie
    Jaramie Toledo Ohio, USA
    Hello Keith, I just wanted to thank you for your comparison of Floyd and the Beatles. I could always hear a cross influence in both bands early works. I just had no idea of the coincidental similarities. I have always felt like the 2 bands were parts of a greater compilation. It was like they were each others yin and yang. In star wars terms, the Beatles taking the light side (or white side) and obviously the Floyd taking the darkside. I look forward to hearing the bootlegs you talk about in the article. Some I have heard and some I have not yet found. I was wondering if you have ever heard of John Lennon playing with Floyd on a Jugband bootleg? I remember a video with Lennon's name in it, although it was on the net and possibly fake. I really liked being able to listen to your own music while reading. Thanks again for the article, Jaramie

Hello Keith,
    I just wanted to thank you for your comparison of Floyd and the Beatles.
    I could always hear a cross influence in both bands early works. I just had no idea of the coincidental similarities.

I have always felt like the 2 bands were parts of a greater compilation. It was like they were each others yin and yang. In star wars terms, the Beatles taking the light side (or white side) and obviously the Floyd taking the darkside.

I look forward to hearing the bootlegs you talk about in the article. Some I have heard and some I have not yet found.
    I was wondering if you have ever heard of John Lennon playing with Floyd on a Jugband bootleg? I remember a video with Lennon's name in it, although it was on the net and possibly fake.

I really liked being able to listen to your own music while reading.

Thanks again for the article,
    Jaramie

• Keith
    Keith Toronto
    ________________________________________________________ Thanks Jaramie! You're the first to post a comment and I really appreciate it. As for Lennon playing with Floyd? Not to my knowledge and bootlegs are notorious for implying things that aren't true. I'll be on the lookout for this and let me know if you come across it. It could be a reference to Roger Waters in performance as I'm sure he covered a Lennon song at one point. Thanks again! Keith

Thanks Jaramie! You're the first to post a comment and I really appreciate it. As for Lennon playing with Floyd? Not to my knowledge and bootlegs are notorious for implying things that aren't true. I'll be on the lookout for this and let me know if you come across it. It could be a reference to Roger Waters in performance as I'm sure he covered a Lennon song at one point.

Thanks again!

Keith

Add your message- It will be added as the newest post